Nick has extensive experience in representing clients for claims of personal injury, property damage and wrongful death in both state and federal courts. Nick also has experience representing employers and employees in employment matters in state and federal courts, and employers in labor negotiations. He is knowledgeable in age, sex and disability employment claims as well as claims alleging violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act. A former deputy public defender for La Porte County, Nick now serves as a federal public defender under the Criminal Justice Act for the Northern District of Indiana. He is also experienced in appellate work and has argued before the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, the Indiana Court of Appeals, and the Indiana Supreme Court. In addition, Nick represents various school corporations and serves as the City Attorney for the City of La Porte.
EducationValparaiso University School of Law (J.D.) Belmont University (B.S., Accounting)
Professional & Community Activity
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts (Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana), the Indiana Supreme Court, and all Indiana state courts
- La Porte Educational Development Foundation, Executive Board Member
- Past Member of the La Porte County YMCA, Board Member and Chair.
- Greater La Porte Economic Development Corporation (GLEDC), Board of Directors
- Bethany Lutheran Church Council
- La Porte County Red Cross, past Board Member.
- Volunteer Judge, La Porte Teen Court