David has extensive experience with both plaintiff and defense work in cases involving injury or death from vehicle accidents, product defects and slip/fall accidents. He also has extensive experience in medical malpractice claims. David is also experienced in state and federal criminal defense for all criminal cases including murder, drug offenses, kidnapping, burglary, robbery, fraud, forgery, driving while intoxicated, arson, battery, wire fraud, white collar crimes and Controlled Substance Act offenses. He has been a La Porte County Public Defender for over twenty (20) years. David is also an experienced certified mediator, acting as a mediator in numerous civil cases.
EducationValparaiso University School of Law (J.D.) Indiana University (B.S. and M.S.)
Professional & Community Activity
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts (Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana and the Western District of Michigan), the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and all Indiana State courts
- Member of the Seventh Circuit Bar and American Bar Associations
- Member of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Indiana Public Defender Council and National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
- Member of the Northern District of Indiana Federal Community Defenders Board of Directors
- President of the Federal Community Defenders
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Member of the Northern District of Indiana Local Rules Committee
- Certified Mediator in the State of Indiana
- South Central Education Foundation, Board of Directors
- Union Mills Conservation Club, Life Member